Friday, January 28, 2011

Vices

My vice is food.  Very little alcohol and I do not use tobacco products.  Unfortunately, I have a double dose of guilt when I use food to soothe my soul because my professional background is in the nutrition field.   I definitely know better and I know of healthier ways to manage my emotions.  Creature of habit, I admit.  I love pretty much anything that is sweet (unless if it has cheese in it).  You would think that someone like me doesn't like a lot of healthy foods.  But that is far from the truth.  I actually prefer healthy foods like vegetables, lean meats, fruits most of the time.  The sweet intake usually happens at night and if I am self soothing in the daytime it usually is something fried.    The sad thing is that I hide sometimes when eating sweets or fried foods because I do not want my kids to eat those foods as much as I do.  I try hard to make sure that they have a relatively healthy diet.  I am working on using other ways to help me deal with my emotions such as deep breathing and a little exercise here and there.  Unfortunately, I'm not in the mindset to start a full fledged exercise routine, like the one I had prior to kids.  I know I will eventually go back to a regular exercise program, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment